top of page
Business Immigration: Practices
Business Immigration 

With a dedicated team of experienced lawyers, at Ali & Barrow Solicitors we understand that the best way to address our clients’ legal issues is to understand their business and industry. Your case is important to us — read on to learn about our areas of expertise.

Patient with Healthcare Nurse

Sponsor License


In order to sponsor skilled non-European migrants, employers must have a sponsor licence, granted by the Home Office. The documents requirement for each kind of business will be different depending upon the nature of the job specification.


Investor Visa

The Tier 1 (Investor) visa is a route for high-net-worth individuals with access to at least £2,000,000 to invest in the UK, and is only applicable for applicants from outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland.

Business Meeting

Startup Visa

Startup Visa is a new visa route in the UK that allows entrepreneurs from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland to set up a business in the UK.

Business Meeting

Sole Representative visa

For overseas nationals wanting to work in the UK for their company or expand their business into the UK, the Representative of an Overseas Business Visa, (mostly referred to as a Sole Representative Visa) provides a strong solution. This visa allows you to live and work in the UK for three years, and to bring your dependents to the UK where they can work without restriction.

Business Handshake


and Audit Services

As a UK Sponsor Licence holder and employer of foreign nationals, you have additional responsibilities. Not only are you required to ensure that all your employees have the legal right to work in the UK, but you are also required to update the Home Office on any change to your business or the employee’s contract and must report any breaches. An employer who breaches these responsibilities is in danger of having its licence withdrawn.


Tier 2 (General) work visa.

The Skilled Worker route allows employers to recruit people to work in the UK in a specific job in an eligible skilled occupation. Eligible occupations are listed in Tables 1 and 2 of Appendix Skilled Occupations to the Immigration Rules.

bottom of page